[volunteers] Some help needed with mod_ssl and Debian Sarge

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Tue Aug 29 11:24:47 EDT 2006

Our server run Debian Sarge and is updated from stable. Thus we have
Apache1.3x. I have attempted to enable mod_ssl to no avail. Using an ssl
aware httpd.conf I keep getting errors such as
        /etc/init.d/apache start
        Configuration syntax error detected. Not reloading.

        Syntax error on line 1124 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
        Invalid command 'SSLRandomFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
        by a module not included in the server configuration

My background is all RH-based Linux systems and setup of secure apache
is much, much easier so I find that errors such as the above confusing.
So I would appreciate any insights as to how to fix this so we can have
a secure server. Yes, I have real certs.
--
G. Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
PATH tech