[clue-volunteers] Proposed Linuxworld brochure

Evan Leibovitch evan at cluecan.ca
Fri Apr 21 20:28:40 EDT 2006

Hi Colleen,

>I hate to be the proverbial "thorn in the paw", but ....

No worries. What's the point of asking for feedback if I don't get some?

>I am assuming this to be an 8 1/2 by 11 page which will fold into a
>brochure that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 (or proportionally adjusted if it is not
>being printed on 8 1/2 by 11 paper).  The front page looks great and
>will fold to give the "Get a Clue" graphic on the front.  However, if I
>am interpreting correctly, the second page that you have attached will
>be on the inside.  If that is so, it lends itself more to a double
>fold.  With a single fold, the fold will go right through the middle of
>the graphic, which I don't think will look very good.  I also think that
>if you're only going to fold the page once, that on the inside, you
>should adjust the text to 2 columns as opposed to 3.

Adjusting this in CorelDraw (yeah, it's not open source but it's
Canadian and I have a decade of familiarity with it) is easy. Changing
to two columns also addresses John's issue about the graphic breaking up
the paragraphs. (and I found the type--thanks!)

The 2-column version of the back is attached. Better?

- Evan

PS: Everyone coming to the LinuxWorld booth will have a nice surprise in
store... it just got delivered today.