[clue-volunteers] LinuxWorld update

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Apr 21 01:21:22 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Here is just an update on what's happening at the show:

Gerry Singleton and I will be at the booth most of the time. A number of
you have expressed interest in coming to help at the booth; your time is
welcome, let me know when you plan to be around. Gerry and I will
certainly want to take some breaks and I'd like to find some potential
corporate sponsors.

I will be instructing the show organizers to make exhibitor badges for
everyone on this mailing list. Just pick them up when you get to the show.

Richard is working on a map for the backdrop, and I will be working on a
large "get a CLUE" poster.
I have ordered a button-making machine and supplies for 250 buttons
which I hope will be here in time. (we may be making buttons at the
show!) The machine will also be used to produce buttons to be sent to
members who sign up (They'll say "I have a CLUE" rather than the
promotional ones that will say "get a CLUE").

We expect to be able to sign up members at the show using the website's
online purchase system (or so Gerry tells me).

I will be bringing carpet and Gerry will provide the booth furniture. I
intend to have 1,000 brochures printed in time. (Scott, are you still
offering to help on that?)

Any questions, comments or suggestions are welcome.

- Evan