[clue-volunteers] Help with a CLUE brochure for LinuxWorld

Evan Leibovitch evan at cluecan.ca
Tue Apr 18 10:49:09 EDT 2006

Ken Burtch wrote:

>Who is the audience you are trying to reach?  Or is it general
>information about CLUE's direction?

We need to assume no prior knowledge of CLUE. The intended audience is
people who are involved in IT and open source.

What I'd like to do is convey in the brochure:
- What CLUE is / why it exists
- Why join?
- pointer to the website

We don't want to pack it full of text; the message should be simple and
easy to act upon.

What do folks think about the attached design? It's too late to make
buttons, but I was thinking of making a large (3x3 or 4x4 foot) poster
of it for the backdrop, to go alongside the mapwork that Richard is doing.

While this may not be suitable as a logo for CLUE (and I really don't
want to revisit the CLUE-logo issue at this time), it's
attention-getting and suggests at CLUE's role as a voice of the
community. How about for the brochure?

- Evan